Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Publishing Evolution # 84: Writer Communities & Author Websites

1. I have never contacted my favorite author or gone to their websites. I don't feel the need to know anything about them. I searched for my favorite author (I don't really have one) and this is what I came up with: Robert Ludlum died in 2001 yet he has writtem 12 novels since his death. Go figure? No website or blog for Ludlum either. I did not find a website for Maurice Sendak but he did tell parents to go to hell if they thought his book, Where the Wild Things Are, or now movie is too scary for kids. No website or blog for Sendak. So I looked at a more popular author Mary Higgins Clark. She has a website with a blog. Great advertising for your books. You could blog with Mary. I have no desire. Get a life.

2. I would have less faith in the material if the book was published by popular vote. This is not American Idol.

No comments: