Thursday, February 26, 2009

Books, Readers and Beyond: #54 Social Networking Through Books

Exercise One: I have never been a member of a book club. I think I would rather join a book club in person rather than online.

Exercise Two: My first book club topic would be cookbooks. I went to the website Reading Group Choices and found a book titled Wine by the Book! by Laurie Foster or The Sipping Point: A Crash Course in Wine by the same author. Topics would include food pairings, general tips and awkward wine moments. On the same website I saw another book titled Music by the Book by Tom Moon and thought this would make a interesting book discussion. He also wrote 1000 Recordings to Hear Before You Die. It would be great fun to read the book and listen to all of the recordings and discuss the music.

Exercise Three: I searched for Robert Ludlum's Bourne Identity in Shelfari and in Goodreads. The ratings were the same but one person in Goodreads only gave it two stars rather than the five in the other two social networking sights. What I find surprising is that these sights exist at all. This is not the way I search for something to read.

No comments: