Thursday, February 12, 2009

Books, Readers and Beyond: #53 Finding Books Online

Exercise One: There were four bookstores that I found online close to our branch in Tomball. None of them had a website. Three of them sold just textbooks. The three were: Pritchards Textbooks in Magnolia, In & Out Textbooks right across the highway from the campus and The Book Attic in Tomball which deals in antique books. It is located on the main street in Tomball.
Exercise Two: I found a paperback version of Varjak Paw by S. F. Said for $6.99 on the Barnes and Noble website. Barnes and Noble did not have any audio books of the four childrens books I mentioned in the previous post. I searched HCPL for an ebook. I found none of these titles as an ebook. The only author that had ebooks was R. L. Stine and The Headless Ghost was not one of them.
Exercise Three: I attempted to download a book on my computer at work but I was not able to. Since training is a work requirement, I thought this might be possible. I attempted to download a book at home and was unable to install the software on my home PC. I would rather not download the additional software on my home computer anyway. I have read articles on the computer and prefer print. I like the idea of holding a book not a kindle.

No comments: